May 30, 2009

AGM Equatorial Hotel -- Exxon Mobil

Equatorial Hotel.

I guessed I spell it correctly this time. I once called it EQUILATERAL HOTEL and they bursted into laughter. It's still only equilateral hotel. If i said equilateral triangle hotel, they might be dead men now. Laugh till death.

This event was actually 1 month ago event but that time I was so busy until I did not even have a litle time to be spent on this. Well , I will post about it now.


Yeah. This was actually an EYE Programme(Exxonmobil young Entrepreneur) opening ceremony. This programme is targetted at Form 4 students in secondary schools and so proud to say SMK TAMAN CONNAUGHT has been chosen to be 1 of the 6 schools!


Through this programme, students will get to know more on how to set up a company, operate the company for profit, and to liquidate it at the end of the programme. In short, it is a benifitial programme and we are now learning how to run business to get maximum profit and at the same time not neglecting other important issues like safety.


So we attended the opening ceremony and this was my first time for me.

Thanks to Eric , for lending me his blazer . As one of the BOD members, of course we need to wear neatly so that our company's image wouldn't got affected.


Photobucket
Arrived at the Hotel. Our first photo at the staircase.


BODs' photo.
Board of Directors
CEO: LEE CHIN YUNG
DEPUTY CEO : LIM SIN TING
COMPANY SECRETARY : ESTELLE CHAN
VP FINANCE : JONATHAN LEE
VP PRODUCTION: VINCENT CHEW
VP HUMAN RESOURCES : NURSHAHIDA
VP MARKETING: LIM BEN-JIE
Photobucket




Vincent did not know how to lie one leg onto the other and started crappin beside me: How you guys did it? Teach ME! xD

We saw reporters. We saw Advisors. We saw many students from different schools like Sains Alam Shah , Mutiara and Darul Ehsan. Then I tried to get to know what's their activities so far. While I approached a Malay girl, she seemed so panick when I shot question to her in English and she just smiled as if I am from Mars and speaking words which she never ever heard before.

Photobucket
Sin Ting and me. I wonder, since when she bespectacled??? Weirdo..



Photobucket

The bulletin boards placed outside shown the result last year . Pn Heng and Cik Azlina the shorter teacher with a broading smile pasted on their lips while they saw this..


Photobucket




Can you see it! It's our school achievement last year. They got the 3rd place but this year we aiming for the first since the 1st and 2nd school last year no longer take part in this programme.


The opening ceremony started. We sat there, doing nothing except for our eyes gazing around to see how other schools' students looked like. I had to sit with 5 other CEOs from different schools so I could only see my schoolmates having fun from the front sit. It's quite a distance from them. :(


After the lengthy speech with motivition and aspiration, we CEOs got up to the stage to receive guide books which provide useful information about what should we do to run, to operate a company. Then we took oath that we would be jujur, amanah and blablkabla.....


When I got up to the stage, all Connaughtians stood up and clapped and this showed our unity , prepare to blow down every other school with our strong passion and commitment in it!

Photobucket

We had scrumptious lunch in hotel. Never did I get so satisfied with food there! All of us were like barbarians from Connaught jungle and take as much food as we could. Whao! Delicious! I could still remember how good the Cheese and Choco cake tasted! and the Fried Ice-cream! Awesome! Just that I forgot to take photos on the food. Otherwise, a mouthful of saliva will drip from your lips and flooded your house!!! (exaggerating.. )


While I was enjoying my meal with friends, a Chinese reporter from The Sun approached me and wanted to interview me but I couldn't talk with food in my mouth. He then said he will come to me later but then it's just an friggin empty promise. Hmm....The Sun reporter..

We got back to the bus after our lunch and felt so reluctant to go back. I wanted to pack all the food home though I was already very very full .... Cheese cake.. muahahaaha..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Next day, I saw myself and the rest of the CEOs in the newspaper. Too Bad, half of my face was blocked! Aww...

No comments: