May 25, 2010

24/5/10

Spotcheck-ed on students’ nail today. The unfortunates were brought out and asked to cut their finger nails forcefully in the hall. There I stood, in front of the main door of the hall , just to keep an eye out of the ‘victims’ from escaping.

Standing there for few minutes was boring. However, it just suddenly occurred to think…

I looked around the green-painted walls around, and , wow . This is my fifth year here. Time passed really really fast, indescribable. You know, when I was still a seven-years-old innocent kid, I was like, counting with my little fingers…

6+5 = ?

11. Yes . 11 years of school life. 6 years of elementary school plus 5 years of high school .  That’s long. But now this is already my eleventh year of formal education , not considering the non-formal one in kindergarden. And I’m going to leave.

11 years turned me from one ignorant kid to a grown-up teen. Could still vividly remember my Standard 2 life , life isn’t peaceful when I had one super duper fierce teacher as class teacher. Or I should say , a teacher who doesn’t fit to be a teacher. So fierce and strict until I didn’t dare to ask permission from her to toilet, and ended up peeing in my shorts after school. Can imagine that?  Every time when the van aunty passed by the signboard that showed the location of SJK© Naam Kheung, I had a spasm of panic and could feel the STRESS. Hate it.

Also countdown for the day of leaving Standard 2 life that time…

Hey , I’m out of topic.

So SMKTC was a total new environment for me. And now, feeling so nostalgic for the place I grew, I told myself : 6 months left.

Sigh. Is this a sigh of relief or a sigh of reluctance?

I didn’t know.

You know, the first day I stepped into SMKTC’s school compound, the first impression made me feel greatly uncomfortable. The broken tables full of masterpiece of students , the would-not-be-clean toilet , the dirty walls, the new environment, the strangers around … Ohh How I wished we had SMK NAAM KHEUNG as well . At least, I have old friends there. That day I went back home, with pillow covering my face, I wept silently … Mainly because of the loneliness.

And now, I made bunch of friends , and teachers. The moment we’d been together was unforgettable. Poem Recitation , Prefectorial Board, PRS, 3A , 4S1 , 5S1 … These are the tags whenever I think of memories. I admitted that, I am now happier, leading a more cheerful life in high school. Now I am wondering, I did drop tears for my first day of high school, and will I do the same thing for my very last day of school?

 

 

Let’s see.

Countdown to the last day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

P/s : Will be posting more flashbacks in this blog .

No comments: