August 30, 2010

Prefectorial Board 2010/2011 Installation Day

Oh I should have posted this weeks ago. Don’t blame me. It’s my window live writer’s fault. Couldn’t function suddenly.

OK after that marvellous annual dinner, just somehow felt that I was obliged to do something for that batch of juniors. So on that night, while I was blogging my previous post, I sent one msg to ChingLi, asking her whether she wants or not.

Then next monday , she said ok , to my surprise. Yeah I was surprised since she rejected me few times already before that. So after that August Test, we started taking videos and gosh, imagine taking videos in only a single day. People used to say, we cannot do things hastily or the quality won’t be good. Yet we went against it , to prove otherwise.

And yes. We spent our Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I didn’t help much. Chingli did all the works and I sincerely appreciated that. So it is a 3-day product. Yeah. 3 days…….

_____________________________________________

Here came the Day , where we Form 5 gonna step down officially.

 P1110635

The last day for all prefects to gather.

P1110637P1110642

And ironically, the first time all AJKT had their blazers on. It’s the first, and also the last.

P1110658

Got up to stage.

P1110663

And passed the baton to the next Chairman of Discipline Group , KaiJun.

P1110665

And the Secretaries’ Hug. A sentimental one. Zirou and YiNing.

P1110667

And lastly, Ben passed it to Bryan.

P1110673

A bow said it all. Life as a prefect for 5 years in SMKTC, came to an end…

P1110676

Bryan led the group and took their oath. With the mike off, he shouted so loudly and so did the others. And on that particular moment, I was deeply touched…

P1110677

The juniors. Oh yeah. Like warriors of the school, with full passion. Just do not know why somebody kept on asking me to remove this photo from facebook.

And after the prestigious ceremony, that’s the 2010/2011 video.

Main director - Lee Ching Li

Sub director -
Lee Chin Yung
Chew Vincent Yap Yow Chun
See Woan Shian
Nurshahida
Ch'ng Zirou
Daniel Boey

CAST -
Yap Yow Chun
Wong Mei Chin
Ch'ng Zirou
Hee Sze Min
Lee Chin Yung
Chew Vincent
Executive Committee 10/11
Prefects of SMKTC

Sound and words by – Pn Usharani & Lee Chin Yung & Chew Vincent

I personally think this is a video of good quality. At the same time, just don’t understand why we F5 batch don’t have seniors like Chingli or KaiJie last year… HMM…

This video ended with BERANI CEKAP DAN TEGAS from all the prefects who watched it in the hall. For me, I was so reluctant to shout it when Eric used to ask us to shout during roll-call in afternoon session. And yes, that’s the last time for me to shout, so I shouted with the top of my voice. . . .

BERANI CEKAP DAN TEGAS !!!

It ended with tremendous claps and cheers from the audiences.

And the journey ended here.

                           = The END =

P1110697

2 Pengerusi Disiplin(s). 

 

# I had serviced the school for 5 years and no doubt,I had learnt a lot throughout these. Prefectorial Board changed me, moulded me , transformed me to be a one, boosted with self-confidence and even worse… over confidence. And when ego took place in me, it crashed, brought me down, let me underwent a painful experiment, mercilessly. It’s for my own good, I know.

The day when I was applying as a prefect, I was trembling. I hesitated, whether I should join the force. Then I did.  Facing lot of troubles in Form 1, it even occurred to me that I should stop the journey. Well I continued, after all.

Yes I would surely regret if I choose to leave few years ago.

Remembering a teacher asked me in Form 2 : “ChinYung, why do you want to be a prefect? Isn’t it hard? I won’t let my son to be a prefect.”

I replied with a smile. But hey, are you trying to tell me that we should give up and stop ourselves from advancing whenever there are obstacles in front? Are you trying to build up generations that are cowards, chickens, despised by all? 

Anyway she was ignorant of it just because she had never tried. As we like to say, never try , never know.

Ah. It ends lastly. Happy yet reluctant. Mixed feeling.

Thanks all the teachers and prefects who always by my sides whenever I’m down with troubles. Yeah I will consider writing  flashbacks of my prefect life when I ‘m free. It should be interesting . Smile

P/S : I ‘m the one reading the poem in the video! People just don’t trust me when I said that. Sad case.

P/S 2: Tolerate with my grammar errors or typo. I did this in a rush.

No comments: