August 1, 2010

Carnival 2010

IMG_5715

Agogo Fried Chicken was back to town and Carvival ended merrily yesterday. Busied for the entire day for 5S1 stall, everybody gave out a sigh of relief and it marked an end, an end of Agogo Stall, an end of all the hard work together with the fun and laughter which we all enjoyed .

Flashback now >>>

Went Tesco to buy Chicken and all other items.

P1100913

P1100926P1100955

One cart was definitely no enough for the things we bought.

Just take more than 20 packets of nuggets and 20 packets of french fries , as if everything was FOC, the greatest shopping spree in my life. WOW

P1100930P1100964

A car full of stocks. . .

And on the exact day…

IMG_5668

Most 5S1 arrived at school at 6. Start setting up stall.

Sheau Hwee helping Hong Seng with his badge. The Agogo badge.

IMG_5669IMG_5680

Ting & Tong Pratha !

IMG_5706

Frying French Fries .

IMG_5698

Nuggets.

IMG_5676

Agogo Cold Drinks.


And our Agogo Fried Chicken!


IMG_5677IMG_5707IMG_5685IMG_5688

The banana leaves lady was late again , and she took the whole banana tree here!

IMG_5695
And Sheau Hwee , the one in charging of money, looked so innocent here

IMG_5713

And yeah ! The food looked so inviting

IMG_5714IMG_5719

Promotion team ! Stand by!

IMG_5711IMG_5705

IMG_5673

IMG_5723

Must thank Jia Pin for the Promotion Chicken. They said she only slept for 5 hours in 2 days , just because of this chicken .

And the Customers…

IMG_5712IMG_5708IMG_5717

Well, just felt tired of typing. Once again let photos do all the talking.

Still, I have something to say here, from the bottom of my heart…

_______

Dad and Mum fetched me back that day about 7. 30 , after me having tea time with 5S1 friends at Maideen. They started asking , how much my stall had made. I answered. And then they compared with my brother’s stall, Alam Sekitar I think. Our profit made no distinct difference.  Our stall did more work , apparently, more sweat and tears , but we didn’t have much profit ahead of them.

So yes, is it proven that 5S1 guys are all stupid? More work, but not more money that we richly deserved? No of course.

The Process is the most important one.

I love to see the unity of some of my classmates. The sense of oneness, that’s the only solid reason that made me willingly stay to help my own class stall instead of other societies. It touched my heart and on Carnival day, most of us were like a family. It was a touching scenario when Kah Leong , Hong Seng, YC , Sheau Hwee and others feeding people with sausages and pratra when we desperately needed something to treat our starving stomachs. No one cared about saliva , everybody shared same food or use the same straw to drink. Yes this was what I always yearned for.

That’s why I couldn’t control myself when I saw people not giving full commitment and enjoyed themselves when we people working so hard until somebody couldn’t manage to finish the coupons. It got onto my nerves until I started grumbling while marinating the chickens. How can people able to play , wandering around so happily, leaving their classmates working like dogs? They were just so fking self-centered , inconsiderate and selfish.  It took no good to complain, I know that very well, but I just couldn’t … …

ok. I tried to control myself next time.

Yes. It’s not their faults. Carnival was meant for people to have joy, but not bound by anyone to work endlessly for the entire day. It’s just we, the dedicated ones, willing to work for the whole day.

Nevertheless, job brought us together. We had fun while sweating. When everything came to an end, when we started recalling what was happening throughout the whole Carnival, surely we would be smiling or laughing, for our Hard Work got paid.

Money, yes it’s important. Yet unity is far more important than that.

Now , I started realising, I don’t really love 5S1. I only love some 5S1 classmates who were really there for the class , no matter how busy they were. This Agogo Project was like a mirror, clearly reflects people’s personalities , and let me know who are the reliable ones, and who aren’t.




 

No comments: