May 3, 2011

My first attempt–Pumpkin Corn Dessert

Ok actually I love cooking. Especially when people praise me how good my dishes are and their positive comments blow me to Cloud 9. That’s why Mum said, my wife in the future, must be a fat woman , because of being my white lab rat and tries all my GREAT works.

I told my mum I will try and make some new dishes after SPM, but it’s just empty promise.

Last week, I had dinner with my buddies at Cheras Mahkota and we’re served with cold, refreshing pumpkin dessert. It was cool , and I think it’ll be pretty cool if I do it for my family. Ahh I was motivated.

My first attempt in making a dessert. I call it PUMPKIN CORN DESSERT. (Simply Because I added in corn. )

DSC02542

Boiled water and dipped the corns in it until it turned yellowish.

DSC02544

Cut the pumpkin into small pieces, then blend it.

DSC02546

See? I kept the skin. For decoration purpose.

DSC02547DSC02548

Blended pumpkin and corn. Then mixed them and boiled.

DSC02549

Added in evaporated milk. You can add as much as you like, at your own risk.

DSC02551

Cane sugar. In chinse it’s called ‘yellow sugar’ too.

DSC02552

Stirred it. Then I added in Sagu (沙谷).

DSC02553

And then what I have to do was to wait, until the sagu turned transparent. Then it’s ready to serve!

DSC02554DSC02555

Damn it. It looks more like an egg tart. What the hell?

DSC02561

Will get myself a better looking bowl next time.

DSC02562

Can be served as hot or cold dessert, as how you would like it to be.

___

Ingredients

Pumpkin  - RM2.98

2 corns – RM 3.30

Cane Sugar ( a packet)– RM1.90.

Evaporated milk (a can) – RM2.60

Sagu (a samll packet) – RM0.60.

A dessert that costs you about RM12.00 ( ohh should be less than that, never finished using all the ingredients) and one and a half hour – This is my first time doing it and of course it wouldn’t be well organised, That’s why time was wasted.

Sigh. It’s done, eventually. It indeed brought me satisfaction but still, I don’t understand why is it appeared to be yellowish, instead of orange like what I saw in the restaurant. Plus, it’s watery.  Damn it.

Ok this is my first time cooking. Do not have a strong feeling of happiness nevertheless and I wonder why. Perhaps it’s not as challenging as I thought.

I rate it 7/10. Well will try one more time some other day.

Hopefully have a chance to do it for my friends. HAHA

Smile

 

No comments: